Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Use data model in different PowerBI files

Hello all,

My data model consists on 4 csv's linked together and one date table. I linked everything on PowerBI. I have all the connections prepared so they are very easy to update. The thing is that I have to present different dashboards for different people with the same data.

My question is, without making the model too complex: can I link PowerBI files to data models of other PowerBI files? So the connections look like this:

Raw Data > PowerBI file with data model > Different PowerBI files, each with different pages for Marketing, sales, etc

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Not sure I got it. You can bring data together, which you need to analyze together and create a model around common dimensions

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/guidance/

Anonymous
Not applicable

I usually create pdfs for different parts of the company.

If I have separate powerbi files I can create separate pdfs very easily. But the thing is that now I have separate powerbi files with each having a similar data model. What I want is to have one data model and being able to share it with the other powerbi files

Hi, 

you can publish your data model powerbi file to the Power BI Service, and then create additional reports, which are connected directly to that data model. Use the Connect to Power BI Service from Get Data for each of the reports. 

If you are doing this to create virtually identical reports on the same data, just for the purpose of creating pdfs, then I would try creating bookmarks in one report to give you sifferent perspectives, and then export each pdf once you have filtered the main report. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors