Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jomikk
Helper I
Helper I

Use data from two or more tables in one chart with custom filter

Hi, apologies if this is a newbie question, but I am new to PowerBI, and I couldn't find any guides.

Say I have data from two or more tables, for now lets say I have table "A" and table "B", and I want to visualize this in a stacked bar chart.

So I want a custom filter beside the chart, and if both tables are selected, then it should sum up/stack up the total for both tables, but if only one is selected then of course only show the relevant table. I don't want the sum in percentages, but the sum of the values.

How would one go about this? I hope this was understandable, and not too basic.

Best regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @jomikk,

A custom filter could be a Slicer visual. If you use a measure to sum the columns up, it will evaluate under the context which you could choose from a slicer. 

Use data from two or more tables in one chart with custom filter .jpg

The format of the result of "sum up" can be changed in "Data Type".Use data from two or more tables in one chart with custom filter 2.jpg

What kind of data do you have? The details would be varying due to different structure of data.

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @jomikk,

A custom filter could be a Slicer visual. If you use a measure to sum the columns up, it will evaluate under the context which you could choose from a slicer. 

Use data from two or more tables in one chart with custom filter .jpg

The format of the result of "sum up" can be changed in "Data Type".Use data from two or more tables in one chart with custom filter 2.jpg

What kind of data do you have? The details would be varying due to different structure of data.

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.