Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Aron

Use a standard report for multiple different company

Hi,

I work for a company that helps multiple companies with their dashboards. Therefore it would be perfect to create a standard report that would work for all firms (the imput will be standardized), without having to create a report every sngle time.

Basically is it possible to go from: report --> input instead of input --> report.

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

This feels like a content pack to me. What I would think you would want to do is to create a content pack like the Google Analytics content pack or CRM Online content pack, etc. Basically, as part of the content pack, you would put in some parameters for what specific data to pull from the overall pool and have some standard reports and dashboards as part of the content pack. Deploy one of the existing content packs to see how it works. Seems like this would be what you want to do. If you could parameterize Organizational Content packs, that would really do the trick as then it would be really, really easy to do this.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
mitsu
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Hello Aron ,

We are into a similar practice . What we do is have the content created in the Power BI desktop , change the source connection on the PBI desktop files  and publish the same ron the correcsponding Power Bi Portal . The standardization is thus achived at the reports level . However the dashboards have to be manually created .

Regards,

Mitsu

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.