Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jbp27
Frequent Visitor

Use a between date slicer to filter a matrix

Hello all,

I tried to expand a solution which has already been working for me, but now with a range of dates, not with a single selection of a date;

I have a between date slicer where the selection of the two dates is captured by two measures, so far so good.

(the measures are called [MIN] and [MAX] here)

help_1.PNG

Then I create another measure:

ChosenDate =

IF (
[MAX] <= SELECTEDVALUE (Query1[REPORTING_DATE])
&& [MIN] <= SELECTEDVALUE (Query1[REPORTING_DATE]);
)

This measure shall be used as a visual level filter being "1", so that if any row where the Reporting Date is inside the interval chosen from

the slicer, all measure inside my matrix visual are adjusted accordingly (this used to work for choosing a single date).

Right now when applying this, I somehow get no output in my matrix, although the date range is defined by the range of reporting dates which are in the data.

Do I miss something in this logic?

Thanks for the help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@jbp27 ,

You may try ALLSELECTED(Table)/ALLSELECTED(Table[Column]). However, this function always be used in CALCULATE() and FILTER(). 

Reference: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dax/allselected-function-dax

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@jbp27 ,

You can't use SELECTEDVALUE() when you select a range of date period. In addtion, if possible, please share some sample data and give the expected result.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yuta-msft ,

so is there any equivalent function for data ranges? 

I just found another solution for my problem, but I would be interested in something like SELECTEDVALUE for a data range, not only for a single date being selected.

Thanks for your help!

@jbp27 ,

You may try ALLSELECTED(Table)/ALLSELECTED(Table[Column]). However, this function always be used in CALCULATE() and FILTER(). 

Reference: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dax/allselected-function-dax

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.