Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Rigolleto
Resolver I
Resolver I

Use Walmart API to get data transactions

Hi,

Since Walmart has a API available to get its data, I am wondering if I can call the API from PBI?

Is there a way to resolve an API and populate some matrixs?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Rigolleto 

Yes, it is possible to get data from an API with Power BI. For a simple GET request to an API, you can use the Web connector directly. Go to Get data > Web. Select Advanced option if it requires some more header parameters in the request.

If a request is more complicated or it's a POST request, you need to write some M codes which includes Web.Contents and paste the codes in Advanced Editor of a query in Power Query Editor to call an API. 

You could refer to this article Getting Started with API's in Power Query • My Online Training Hub to start exploring it. 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Rigolleto 

Yes, it is possible to get data from an API with Power BI. For a simple GET request to an API, you can use the Web connector directly. Go to Get data > Web. Select Advanced option if it requires some more header parameters in the request.

If a request is more complicated or it's a POST request, you need to write some M codes which includes Web.Contents and paste the codes in Advanced Editor of a query in Power Query Editor to call an API. 

You could refer to this article Getting Started with API's in Power Query • My Online Training Hub to start exploring it. 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.