Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Bilagery
Regular Visitor

Use SUMMARIZE table within weighted median calculation

Hi,

I have the following DAX working CORRECTLY to calculate weighted median. It has two parts: first to create an aggregate table based on ID and ORG, and two calculated columns. Then, try to find the median paid amount based on the summarised table using a quite complex formula.

Is there a way that I can simplify this to put the SUMMARIZE function as a temporary thing inside the 'MedianPAID' measure?

PaymentSummaryTable = SUMMARIZE('Payment Table',
'Payment Table'[ID],
'Payment Table'[ORG],
"ORG_PAID",SUM('Payment Table'[PAID]),
"ORG_Weight",MIN('Payment Table'[WEIGHTS]))

MedianPAID=(MINX(FILTER(VALUES('PaymentSummaryTable'[ORG_PAID]), CALCULATE(SUM('PaymentSummaryTable'[ORG_Weight]),'PaymentSummaryTable'[ORG_PAID]<=EARLIER('PaymentSummaryTable'[ORG_PAID]))>SUM('PaymentSummaryTable'[ORG_Weight])/2),
'PaymentSummaryTable'[ORG_PAID])
+MINX(FILTER(VALUES('PaymentSummaryTable'[ORG_PAID]), CALCULATE(SUM('PaymentSummaryTable'[ORG_Weight]),'PaymentSummaryTable'[ORG_PAID]<=EARLIER('PaymentSummaryTable'[ORG_PAID]))>(SUM('PaymentSummaryTable'[ORG_Weight])-1)/2),
'PaymentSummaryTable'[ORG_PAID]))
/2

UPDATE: Here is the link to the Sample Data with the current set-up.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pHba8WtB9plwrn_r6EZeMUFhJEaegH1R/view?usp=sharing

@Ibendlin Thanks for the suggestion!

Thank you so much in advance!

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please provide sanitized sample data that fully covers your issue. I cannot help you without usable sample data.
Please paste the data into a table in your post or use one of the file services like OneDrive or Google Drive. I cannot use screenshots of your source data.
Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided. Screenshots of the expected outcome are ok.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447523

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.