Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Bilagery
Regular Visitor

Use SUMMARIZE table within weighted median calculation

Hi,

I have the following DAX working CORRECTLY to calculate weighted median. It has two parts: first to create an aggregate table based on ID and ORG, and two calculated columns. Then, try to find the median paid amount based on the summarised table using a quite complex formula.

Is there a way that I can simplify this to put the SUMMARIZE function as a temporary thing inside the 'MedianPAID' measure?

PaymentSummaryTable = SUMMARIZE('Payment Table',
'Payment Table'[ID],
'Payment Table'[ORG],
"ORG_PAID",SUM('Payment Table'[PAID]),
"ORG_Weight",MIN('Payment Table'[WEIGHTS]))

MedianPAID=(MINX(FILTER(VALUES('PaymentSummaryTable'[ORG_PAID]), CALCULATE(SUM('PaymentSummaryTable'[ORG_Weight]),'PaymentSummaryTable'[ORG_PAID]<=EARLIER('PaymentSummaryTable'[ORG_PAID]))>SUM('PaymentSummaryTable'[ORG_Weight])/2),
'PaymentSummaryTable'[ORG_PAID])
+MINX(FILTER(VALUES('PaymentSummaryTable'[ORG_PAID]), CALCULATE(SUM('PaymentSummaryTable'[ORG_Weight]),'PaymentSummaryTable'[ORG_PAID]<=EARLIER('PaymentSummaryTable'[ORG_PAID]))>(SUM('PaymentSummaryTable'[ORG_Weight])-1)/2),
'PaymentSummaryTable'[ORG_PAID]))
/2

UPDATE: Here is the link to the Sample Data with the current set-up.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pHba8WtB9plwrn_r6EZeMUFhJEaegH1R/view?usp=sharing

@Ibendlin Thanks for the suggestion!

Thank you so much in advance!

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please provide sanitized sample data that fully covers your issue. I cannot help you without usable sample data.
Please paste the data into a table in your post or use one of the file services like OneDrive or Google Drive. I cannot use screenshots of your source data.
Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided. Screenshots of the expected outcome are ok.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447523

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.