Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Use Font colour formatting on Calculation item with %

I have 4 calculation items in my report: Theser are created by using Tabular editor. When I use conditional formatting for font colour, it neglects the YoY%. Is there a way to have the colour coding of -ve % figures with calculation groups?

adambal_0-1643770385234.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

It is possible. You can refer to below blogs and videos. You need to create a measure for conditional formatting. When selectedvalue(CalculationGroup[Calculation Item]) is "YoY%", create different rules for it. 

Conditional Formatting In Calculation Groups - Power BI - Enterprise DNA

Conditional formatting with Calculation Groups in PowerBI Matrix visual - Exceed

Conditional formatting in Power BI with calculation groups - YouTube

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

It is possible. You can refer to below blogs and videos. You need to create a measure for conditional formatting. When selectedvalue(CalculationGroup[Calculation Item]) is "YoY%", create different rules for it. 

Conditional Formatting In Calculation Groups - Power BI - Enterprise DNA

Conditional formatting with Calculation Groups in PowerBI Matrix visual - Exceed

Conditional formatting in Power BI with calculation groups - YouTube

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

TheoC
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

If you go to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-conditional-table-formatting#color-by-rules-for-percentages  you should get the answer that you're after.

Importantly, you may need to create specific rules for % given that 1 is 100% and -1 is -100%, hence why it's being missed in your table at the moment.

Hope this helps. Reach out if not and will try assist more.

Theo 🙂

If I have posted a response that resolves your question, please accept it as a solution to formally close the post.

Also, if you are as passionate about Power BI, DAX and data as I am, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, queries, or if you simply want to connect and talk to another data geek!

Want to connect?www.linkedin.com/in/theoconias

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.