Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dawcza3
Frequent Visitor

Use Direct Query Mode with other Data Source ( not SQL Database)

Actually I want generate some reports in Power Bi that handle information become from my big data files which i handle in Azure Data Lake Store. When I'm trying acces to them from Power Bi I got message that I need to change my connection mode to import because Azure Data Lake Store don't support Direct Query Mode.

So is there any way some wrappers or similiar things that allow my to use my big data files (text files) which I handle in Azure Data Lake in Direct Query Mode in Power Bi ? Maybe I should use some other method to handle my files in Azure that allow me to use it with Direct Query mode ?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @dawcza3,

Though Azure Data Lake Store don't support Direct Query Mode, after the reports are published to service, Power BI will automatically refresh data hourly, and you can configure different schedule refresh settings and manually refresh, because Azure and Power BI have the built-in connectivity(direct connection) and integration to bring your business intelligence efforts to life. For more details, you can refer to this article.Smiley Happy

Regards

View solution in original post

dawcza3
Frequent Visitor

The solution that i used is Azure Ware House, where a I create an external tables per files which i store in data lake store. This create my some kind of pointer on my files wherby I can do sselect and watch data in direct query mode in Power Bi.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
dawcza3
Frequent Visitor

The solution that i used is Azure Ware House, where a I create an external tables per files which i store in data lake store. This create my some kind of pointer on my files wherby I can do sselect and watch data in direct query mode in Power Bi.

v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @dawcza3,

Though Azure Data Lake Store don't support Direct Query Mode, after the reports are published to service, Power BI will automatically refresh data hourly, and you can configure different schedule refresh settings and manually refresh, because Azure and Power BI have the built-in connectivity(direct connection) and integration to bring your business intelligence efforts to life. For more details, you can refer to this article.Smiley Happy

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.