Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ylin88_waters
Helper I
Helper I

Use CompanyID in scatter chart, but shows Company name

Hello -

I'm using a scatter chart to show sales predition, real sales, with Company ID as "detail" to show the data for each ID (company site). When you hover the cursor over to the dot it shows Company ID, Sales and Sales prediction. But sales reps doesn't like to see company ID, because nobody remembers a Company ID. They want the scatter chart shows compmany name so they can find what they need. But I can't put Company Name to Detail because that changes the data - one company may have multiple sites with unique company IDs. If I put company name to Detail Power BI will sum up the sales by same company name and that's not what I want. I need to keep each dot on the scatter chart for each Company ID.

Is it posible that I use company ID to plot scatter chart, but shows company name instead? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Change the company name slightly for each ID (by appending periods or other tiny characters - Space will not work) to prevent the grouping in the visual.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Change the company name slightly for each ID (by appending periods or other tiny characters - Space will not work) to prevent the grouping in the visual.

Thanks!!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.