Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Use BigQuery with PowerBi: ODBC or Built-in Driver

Hi

Im'm trying to use BigQuery with PowerBi. I've noticed there is a "built-in" connector. In this connector, I can't find any way to use SQL to query the tables, so I can't use conditions like "Where".

Also, I've found an ODBC driver provided by google. I'm not sure which of the two options is the best. So what should I use to connect to BigQuery?

https://cloud.google.com/blog/products/gcp/how-to-connect-bigquery-to-microsoft-excel-and-other-apps...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

In my opinon, we think it depends on how much data you want to import, if you want to import all data from entire project and transform in Power Query Editor, the build-in BigData Connector is the first thing to consider. But if you want to custmize the query to get the data you want, the ODBC connector can be more flexible and powerful.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

In my opinon, we think it depends on how much data you want to import, if you want to import all data from entire project and transform in Power Query Editor, the build-in BigData Connector is the first thing to consider. But if you want to custmize the query to get the data you want, the ODBC connector can be more flexible and powerful.

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.