Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Usage Metrics - Reporting Sharing - Read Only Access

Hi,

I currently have a PowerBI online report shared with our Senior Managers and I was hoping to be able to track the usage. Unfortunately for some reason their view's are not showing on the usage report. Could this be because they only have view only access to the report?

This embedded into sharepoint or via apps. It is shared with them using the security permissions and sharing option. They all have PowerBi pro license.

Thanks

Jamee

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

If you mean report who share to sharepoint with 'embed in sharepoint online' feature, current usage metrics seems not record usage from sharepoint side.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I don't believe it is embedded - just using the 'Share report' option in PowerBi web. 

I updated their permissions to read and reshare and it now seems to be capturing the usage. However, if I only wanted them to read permissions how can I still capture this information?

Share Report.PNG

Hi @Anonymous,

If you share with 'shared report' option, it should records all of operations. I guess it may related to known issue of report usage metrics which already canceled from known issue list.

Screenshot_1.png

Did it works on your side? If this issue still appears, I'd like to suggest you open a support ticket for better support.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.