Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

hegdecisco86
Helper I
Helper I

Url Filter with existing slicer in Power BI report

Hi All,

I have a report which is created with a slicer. Now there is a requirement where this report is called from a web application. I have used Url passing with filter parameter. The parameter is again the same value from the slicer which is there on the report. Hence the url is not filtering the report with required slicer value. 

For example, my report is having ticket number as slicer. From a web application this report is called with a ticket number as filter parameter in url. Hence expectation is that when report is redirected from webpage, it should get filtered with passed ticket number. But it is not happening as expected. 

Please help me to solve this issue if anyone faced similar issue.

Thanks,

Rajesh S Hegde

5 REPLIES 5
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@hegdecisco86 , can share a sample URL you are using ?

Hi @amitchandak ,

Below is the sample url

https://app.powerbi.com/groups/XXXXX/reports/c3fde094-baaa-42ed-900d-7bafb2a58077/ReportSectionXXXX?... Name/Column Name eq 'Value'

In my report, I have a home page. In that user will select the ticket number. I have enabled Sync Slicers. Hence all other pages will get filtered with selected ticket number. I doubt, because of this Sync Slicers, url paramter action is not working.

Thanks,

Rajesh S Hegde

@hegdecisco86 , few things to check.

1. Report is not having saved with some ticket number at slicer, visual, page, or report level.

May be at drilled page

2. Clear browser cache and check

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@hegdecisco86 , Are you using this method, Not very clear from your description?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-url-filters

See if the above can help

Yes, I am using this methid only. But it is not working when used with url.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.