Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Bwong
Frequent Visitor

Urgent! Question related to "line & Stacked Column Chart" and Waterfall Chart

Hi All 

I have some urgent questions in related to chart visualisation. I still new to the BI, but got a project to finalise ! I hope I can get some help on the visualisation part ! Thanks so much for your time !

(1) Line and Sacked Column Chart 
      I found I am unable to use the stacked column chart properly at all. I wanna have one more category on the column chart of Jan to June, please if any one can guide me to the right direction to use this.  
    Capture1.PNG

(2) Waterfall chart
     I have full set of data on the breakdown, but I dont even come up the a solution to present the waterfall chart by product with both beginning and closing balance and show the movement in between. Please kindly advise. 

my set of data looks like this : 
                        beginning Balance  Closing balance    Movement 1  Movement 2 Movement 3    Total movement 
      Product 1       200                                 260                          1 0                   20                 30                60      

Product 2       100                                 160                          1 0                   20                 30                60  
      product 1       400                                 460                          1 0                   20                 30                60     

(3) Apart from that, any advise to a fancy visualisation of result or website you commend me to take a look ! 

Thanks so much in advance !!!! 

4 REPLIES 4
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Bwong,

(1) Line and Sacked Column Chart 

Answer:You can add the category to the Legend.

(2) Waterfall chart

Answer: you can use Ultimate Waterfall to have a try.

(3) Please search all kinds of custom visuals from the market place. such as Mekko chart.

Capture.PNG

For more details, please check the pbix as attached.

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi @v-frfei-msft

Your reply are awesome !! Especially on the waterfall chart. 

Just on line and stacked Column Chart, the question is if use 2 line charts together, it does not work with the add-on stuff on the column chart .....

I will search around with the visuals !

Thanks so much again ! 
B

Hi @Bwong,

What do you mean "if use 2 line charts together, it does not work with the add-on stuff on the column chart"?

Could you please check whether using the report tooltip can work around? Do turn the two options on as the picture below. For more details, please check the online document. 

11.PNG

1.PNG

Also please find the pbix as attached for your reference.

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi @v-frfei-msft

Thanks so much for following up on these. 

For "line and stacked column chart", i mean it does not work with the breakdown on the column chart, like I cannot do one more colour on the blue bar. I cannot add it to the visualisations field as in picture 1

Besides, I did try with ultimate waterfall chart, but how do you how movement 1, movement 2 and 3 with only 1 filtered product. 

Thanks so much !

B

Picture 1

Capture01.GIF

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.