Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kthakur
Helper I
Helper I

Urgent: Market Share Calculation

Hi Experts,

I need your help in calculationg Market share for below table.

CountrySubproductProductValues
c01 p11500
c02sp2p22000
c03 p31800
c04sp4p43000
c05 p51500
c06sp2p62000
c07 p71800
c08sp4p83000

From above table i want to calculate top 5 products based on market shares.

Market share should be calculated on subproduct, if subproduct is not there then it should be calculated on Country.

can you please help in calculating the market share?

Thanks

Krishna

3 REPLIES 3
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey,

I'm wondering if you want to create a measure or a calculated column.

How do yout want to visualize this newly calculated information, you have to be aware that it is currently not possible to mix values from different columns on an axis.

For this reason I thing it will become necessary to create an additional column, that you can use as an axis in visuals or as a row/column header in a table or matrix visual.

Please provide your expected result for a single product (if this calculation is possible), subproduct sp2 and c01.

And my final question, is there a coutry code that can be confused with a subproduct code, because both have the same value.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Hi Tom,

Thanks for responding my question. I want to create measure to calculate the market share.  The market share should be calculated at subproduct level, wherenever subproduct doesnot have the value then maket share should be calculated at country level.

I can acheive this if i have to calculate at one level either subproduct or country but how to calculate on both levels based on available values.

Please do not go by data(country id & subproduct code), this is just mockup to explin the problem, i have some other columns month,year etc to display the values the values. 

My expected result is to display top 5 products based on market share.

Thanks

Krishna

Hi Experts,

Can you please help?

Thanks

Krishna

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.