Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Urgent Help---Filter issues

Hi Everyone,

I created one calender table by using start date and end date in that table I created columns for fiscal years.

Then  I created a two measures for  min of start date and max of end date in my original table.

The measures are

FMinimum date = CALCULATE(MIN('Test'[startdate]),ALLSELECTED('Test'[startdate]))
  FMaximum date = CALCULATE(MAX('Test'[enddate]),ALLSELECTED('Test'[enddate]))

But my issue is I used the slicer of fiscal column it shows the FMinimum date and FMaximum date for all the year. I want to show filtered FMinimum date and FMaximum date belong to filtered fiscal years only.  I created financial year column for 1 april to 31 march . I used this filter to show the maximum and minimum dates of records It shows the all the records with null values. I attach my screenshot and pbix for your reference.

Filter issueee.PNG

Kindly check this pbix file for your reference. Help me as soon as possible..

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aoy7ZnpipsSQa_GXKAEM3xBCBRo?e=cQ518k

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , if the tables are connected then use on min max for such cases

FMinimum date = MIN('Test'[startdate]
  FMaximum date = MAX('Test'[enddate])

These will take year context of row.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak 

Thanks for your reply. I changed my measure based upon your suggestion but no changes appeared in that measure. The issue is also not solved. Kindly check my attached screenshot and help me on this issue.

Filter1.PNG

Hi , @Anonymous 

Is this the expected result want?

91.png

try measures as below:

MaxDate of selectedFY = 
var selectedFY=SELECTEDVALUE('Calendar date'[Financial Year])
RETURN CALCULATE(MAX('Calendar date'[Date]),'Calendar date'[Financial Year]=selectedFY)
MinDate of selectedFY = 
var selectedFY=SELECTEDVALUE('Calendar date'[Financial Year])
RETURN CALCULATE(MIN('Calendar date'[Date]),'Calendar date'[Financial Year]=selectedFY)

pbix attached

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-easonf-msft ,

Thanks for your reply. I saw your pbix file and screenshot you are showing the maximum and minumum dates by using calender date thats okey. But, my issue is not the min and max dates..

Filter33.PNG

I this screen shot If I click the fiscal years filter for 2022 to 2023 it shows the max and min date between the fiscal years only, the fiscal years starts in April 2022 to march 2023. But, books category min and max date is not the filtered fiscal years but it displays the date with empty datas also thats my issue I tried but not works for me... kindly help me on this issue..

Advance thanks,

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.