Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Urgent: Edit Interactions

Hi everyone, 

I have an urgent question. I have to present my dashboard first thing on Monday morning and I am a bit stuck here. 

My use case: I have a survey that was conducted to rate managers in our organisation, a global company. A manager has a certain set of demographics, 1. Department, 2. Function, 3. Location. I want to show 2]two graphs, the 1st graph only shows the managers results, so this is easy you select the manager and set the interaction to only show his results. The second graph, however, must show the results of managers in the same demographics as the selected manager to see how he compares to the other managers. 

How can the second graph filter and show the results of all managers in the demographics of the selected manager's demographics? 

Looking forward to the answer. 

Kind regards,

Edward

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Do you like these visuals?

6.png

First visual only shows the selected value, second shows the selected one comparing with the whole.

default slicer is impossible to realize this, you could use a table visual or a custom slicer visual "Enlighten slicer".

Best Regards

Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Is this problem sloved?

If not, please let me know.

Best Regards

Maggie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Do you like these visuals?

6.png

First visual only shows the selected value, second shows the selected one comparing with the whole.

default slicer is impossible to realize this, you could use a table visual or a custom slicer visual "Enlighten slicer".

Best Regards

Maggie

edhans
Super User
Super User

It would be helpful to see some sample data. 

You don't really need to change interactions. You want your first graph to cross-filter your second graph, but your second graph would have a measure that showed the demographics but had a filter to show ALL(TableName[Managers]) so it ignored the context filter of Managers but showed all managers instead.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thank you for your response, it sounds like you might be on the right track here, I am just uncertain of how to implement that. I have inserted a photo to give you an idea will this work for you?

Left graph filter by the manager, right-hand graph filter by the function, department and location of the manager for all managers in those areas. Interaction.PNG

No. I would need to see data not visuals. Tables with sample data, and an image of the data model for relevant tables.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.