Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

HibaTalat
Regular Visitor

Urgent-DA-100 prepration

Hey there,

I am going through the learning path. topics.

But unable to find the files they are referring to in the text. Am I missing something? i want to practice this and cant find "Tailwind Traders " data they are referring to.

Exam DA-100 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
late-arvie
Regular Visitor

I was about to post the same thing! I can't locate the Excel file 'Employee Data'. It does not look like it is just for a preview, because the instructions say "you need to find; you need to open; you need to [work with this data]"

It is not also located in the virtual machine's LAB.

I attached a quick screenshot for others to better understand.halp.png

EDIT: My bad! All the data from that lesson is indeed just for previewing. There is no need for this [excel Employee Data] file in the further lessons.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HibaTalat
Regular Visitor

Hey there,

Thanks all,i just found out they were referring to lab practice.

late-arvie
Regular Visitor

I was about to post the same thing! I can't locate the Excel file 'Employee Data'. It does not look like it is just for a preview, because the instructions say "you need to find; you need to open; you need to [work with this data]"

It is not also located in the virtual machine's LAB.

I attached a quick screenshot for others to better understand.halp.png

EDIT: My bad! All the data from that lesson is indeed just for previewing. There is no need for this [excel Employee Data] file in the further lessons.

MFelix
Super User
Super User

@HibaTalat ,

To my knowledge this information is only used has a guide, there are no files for this "company", believe they are using the company has an example and you should use your own connection, if you go further down the course you will see that they refer to the company in an SQL connection but hide the connection path so you must use your own data.

Further more when you get further ahead you will get to and enviroment lab that will allow to test all the situations with a mockup database.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

RE: To my knowledge this information is only used has a guide, there are no files for this "company"... 

I believe this is indeed correct. I went through and completed all DA-100, AZ-204, DP-900, etc learning paths...  "Tailwind Traders" was often referenced as a main source model guide. There may be some existing Azure projects allowing us to create a similar data source... but chances are you may waste a great deal of time googling for .bak  file nor .sql scripts versions, I'm afraid you won't find any.

My best suggestion is either creating your own "Tailwind Traders" mock tables all from scratch...
from given schema examples...or taking a simpler approach by simply using AdventureWorksDW2020 database, which I did. Column names may differ, but you'll get a close idea.
Finally all DA-100 Lab files (including some pbix and AdventureWorksDW2020.bak) are available on Github.
MicrosoftLearning / DA-100-Analyzing-Data-with-Power-BI 

Hope this helps

"...AdventureWorksDW2020 database, which I did. Column names may differ, but you'll get a close idea."

Yes. I have been doing exactly this as a work around for the course 👍

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.