Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RyanDOwens
Frequent Visitor

Upper Bound IQR for determining outliers of filterable dates

So I've built a measure that determines the Upper Bound of the IQR for a set of data, but I have two issues I'm running into that are proving difficult.    

Upper Bound Measure =
var FirstQuart = CALCULATE(PERCENTILE.INC(Data[Table], .25), ALL(Data[Table]))
var ThirdQuart = CALCULATE(PERCENTILE.INC(Data[Table], .75), ALL(Data[Table]))
var InterQuart = ThirdQuart-FirstQuart

return
ThirdQuart+(1.5*InterQuart)

A.  The above code works at determining the overall Upper Bound Measure, but I would like to be able to determine the Upper Bound measure for each and every financial quarter (lets just assume 3,6,9,12th months of year).   If I use this measure, and adjust the dates, it does not change.  Would I need to make a measure for each individual quarter?  If that's the only option I'd still love to hear how you fine people would do it.

B.  The second part would be to have the the value for the upper bound of that quarter, set to automatically filter out the data on one sheet.  Basically if you set the slicer to Quarter 1, it would find that the Upper Bound is 82, and then all data points above 82 would be removed from the averages and other score cards.  I've thought up a few ideas on how to do this, but don't want to try until I figure out A anyway.

I believe I may just be missing a very simple approach as this would not be the first time I've forgotten about an easy way to handle something.

Any help is appreciated, I've managed to figure out every problem I've encountered by searching these forums, but this is one issue tha the search button was not able to solve for me.

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RyanDOwens ,

Can you please share a dummy file? If you can't, please share some sample data and your expected results that will make us understand clearly about your requirement.

Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. Kudos are nice too.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I actually solved it @v-xuding-msft , was easier than I thought, I think I was just having a brain freeze on it.  Will post the answer shortly to help people who search similiar topics.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.