Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rivas_luis_scan
Regular Visitor

Uploading from Power BI Desktop to Power BI Web

Hello all,

In my Power BI Desktop I have my report with some formulas and functions and they work fine, when uploading it to the Power BI Web Service, these formulas and functions are lost, can you help me?
I use an On-Premise gateway to update the inform from a SQL Server Database.

Thank you and best regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rivas_luis_scan,

You use parameterized query as the datasource, right? If this is a case, I think the issue is related to it.

Current power bi parameterized query only works on power bi desktop.

Deep Dive into Query Parameters and Power BI Templates

Note that currently, parameter values can only be modified within Power BI Desktop. We’re actively working on ways to allow users to change parameter values within PowerBI.com for published reports consumed via the Web experience.

If above not help, can you share some detail content of your issue?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rivas_luis_scan,

You use parameterized query as the datasource, right? If this is a case, I think the issue is related to it.

Current power bi parameterized query only works on power bi desktop.

Deep Dive into Query Parameters and Power BI Templates

Note that currently, parameter values can only be modified within Power BI Desktop. We’re actively working on ways to allow users to change parameter values within PowerBI.com for published reports consumed via the Web experience.

If above not help, can you share some detail content of your issue?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

After a analysis on my query, I noticed that I changed a field type on my Power BI Desktop, not on the query that I run to update information from SQL, I just changed the field type and worked fine, now I have the same visualizations on Power BI Desktop and Power BI Service.

Appreciate your support.
BR

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.