cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Administrator SunilGudipati
Administrator

Uploading a .PBIx file and show it in a application without power Bi service, is it possible ?

We have embedded reports today which is the documentation we have found but we can not find out how to embed these reports that can allow users to upload of customized reports to display data the user.  We know this is doable because other products do it.  Just not sure where to go from here though.

Thanks for reading this.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Uploading a .PBIx file and show it in a application without power Bi service, is it possible ?

Hi @SunilGudipati ,

From my knowledge, I'm afraid that we cannot achieve that without power bi service currently.

Hope @GilbertQ has other ideas.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Super User IV
Super User IV

Re: Uploading a .PBIx file and show it in a application without power Bi service, is it possible ?

Hi there

In order to use Power BI Embedded or Power BI, you always have to first upload it to the Power BI Service.

Once you have uploaded the report, you can then embed it into your own application.

The reason is that there are a lot of things that happen behind the scenes when running Power BI, that can only be achieved when in the Power BI Service.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @SunilGudipati ,

By my research, I'm afraid that if you want to embed a report to an application, we need achieve that via power bi service.

Actually, you could refer to Power BI Embeded.

If you just open the pbix file in the application, I think that may not need power bi service.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Administrator SunilGudipati
Administrator

Thanks, Cherry, we want to show the report in our application (embedded) without using the Power BI service.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @SunilGudipati ,

From my knowledge, I'm afraid that we cannot achieve that without power bi service currently.

Hope @GilbertQ has other ideas.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Super User IV
Super User IV

Hi there

In order to use Power BI Embedded or Power BI, you always have to first upload it to the Power BI Service.

Once you have uploaded the report, you can then embed it into your own application.

The reason is that there are a lot of things that happen behind the scenes when running Power BI, that can only be achieved when in the Power BI Service.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Exclusive LIVE Community Event #3 – Ask Arun Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event #3 – Ask Arun Anything

Join us in the third Triple A event!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

It’s the start of a new Super User season! Learn all about the new Super Users and brand-new tiered recognition system.

Super User Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Super User Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're celebrating the start of the New Super User season with our first ever Super User 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

January 2020 Community Highlights

January 2020 Community Highlights

Make sure you didn't miss any of the things that happened in the community in January!

Top Solution Authors