Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Sciupo
Frequent Visitor

Uploading 2 Dataset - Sum function disappearing for one Dataset

Dear All,

I have uploaded one data set into power-bi and it works perfectly.

However, if I upload another one in the same file, the sum option disappear in one dataset.

Do you know what went wrong?

Thanks

M

BeforeBeforeAfterAfter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi v-ljerr-msft,

I simply added an additional dataset into my Power bi view and suddenly the dataset that did not have the aggregate symbol was working.

I know that this is not a proper fix, but still made the job.

Thanks

Marco

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Sciupo,

According to your description, I just tested it on my side by importing data from the same Excel file. And I was not able to reproduce the issue.

What's your data source for your dataset? Are you using the latest version of Power BI Desktop(2.42.4611.701 64-bit (January 2017))?

In addition, could you share a sample pbix file which can reproduce the issue? So that we can further investigate the issue. You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.Smiley Happy

Regards

Hi,

I have managed to fix it.

Thanks for your support anyway.

Thanks

M

Hi @Sciupo,

Great to hear the problem got resolved! Would you mind being more precisely with how did you fix the issue to help others who may have similar issue? Could you also accept your last reply as solution to close this thread?Smiley Happy

Regards

Hi v-ljerr-msft,

I simply added an additional dataset into my Power bi view and suddenly the dataset that did not have the aggregate symbol was working.

I know that this is not a proper fix, but still made the job.

Thanks

Marco

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.