Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

NJamigos
Frequent Visitor

Upload button in power BI dashboard

I want to create a dashboard wherein users can upload excel with help of a button. Can you please help how to do it? 

3 REPLIES 3
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

That is not something you can do in Power BI.  What would be the use case?  Can you do this with Sharepoint instead?

I want to build a power bi dashboard for my team to do some processing of data from client. Each team members would need to run power bi independently for their clients data.

Thus the source data need to be different for each users. 

Also I would like to keep track of the users using this dashboard so I can't just share power bi desktop file. It would result in unauthorized users.. 

Can you please help with suggestions for this use case? 

to do some processing of data from client

Power BI is not a data processing tool.  It has no memory and no solid data write back functions.  It is (at the moment) a reporting endpoint. Maybe this will change in the future.  For now you will need to find a different application.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.