Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

gary_townsend
Frequent Visitor

Upgrading PBIX Version

I have several report files that were created in an earlier 2018 version, With the layout changes that came down in the August Version i'd like to upgrade our older files. Unfortunately the only way I seem to be able to get a file into the new PBIX version is to create a brand new file. This obviously is not an ideal solution, so can anyone tell me of a way to update the files without recreating them?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @gary_townsend,

If you are refering to the visual impacts of some of the changres like the headers and matrix changes some of this are options on the files so when you get a previous version file you just need to activate the changes, 2 that I can refer right now is:

• Moder visual header:
    • File - > Options & Settings -> Options -> Report Settings
      • Click the "Use the modern visual header with updated styling options"

On new files this is automatic and you can disable it, on older versions is disable and you need to enable it

• Tables / Matrix visualization
    • Select the visual on your report that as the Matrix if you look to the selection pane on the right you can see that no is selected. Select the Table or Matrix accordingly and you will get the new options.

These are two changes that I know and got on my files and remember, if you have any other please get back to me and I will help you.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

Hi @gary_townsend,

This as to do with background and wallpaper, is nothing much is just the limits of the pages.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @gary_townsend,

If you are refering to the visual impacts of some of the changres like the headers and matrix changes some of this are options on the files so when you get a previous version file you just need to activate the changes, 2 that I can refer right now is:

• Moder visual header:
    • File - > Options & Settings -> Options -> Report Settings
      • Click the "Use the modern visual header with updated styling options"

On new files this is automatic and you can disable it, on older versions is disable and you need to enable it

• Tables / Matrix visualization
    • Select the visual on your report that as the Matrix if you look to the selection pane on the right you can see that no is selected. Select the Table or Matrix accordingly and you will get the new options.

These are two changes that I know and got on my files and remember, if you have any other please get back to me and I will help you.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Yes that covered some of them i realize now the changes i was referring to were visual changes, but since i hadn't been sure if there were other changes it looked like more. LIke the background changes in regards to transparency and background colours. Alter the look of the report as shown in the image below the one on the left is the older report the one on the right is a newer report.  I highlighted the differences in the report border which looks like it has something to do with background transparency.

visual change for report backgroundvisual change for report background

Hi @gary_townsend,

This as to do with background and wallpaper, is nothing much is just the limits of the pages.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.