Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Upgrade the DataWarehouse with SSIS

Hello

I don't know if this question corresponds to this forum but I can't fix this problem, see if anyone can help me.
To update my DW I use a scheduled task that runs all .dts for each of the fact and dimension tables.
I wanted to make a change and have only one DTS (Orchestrator) that calls the rest and thus it is easier to be able to update different installations.
The problem is that I use the "Run Process Task" component of SSIS to call other packages, but since these are files independent of the process I do not know how I can tell you the path where they should take the configuration file.

The dts are with the path of my local computer, and the dts orchestrator has a configuration file where I indicate the path where the rest of dts are and it is passed by variable and works very well (manages to call the rest of DTS), but then these dts do not know how to tell it that in that same path is the config file. (By not telling you the config file are configured against my local BD)

Can you think of any solutions?

Thanks a lot
A greeting

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @FarhanAhmed ,

All packages have the same path with the same configuration file, the problem is that it will be put on different servers so the routes will change, so when the main packet calls the other packages has to pass the path with the configuration file.

The main package runs in a job and there you can pass the configuration file, as seen in the image.Trabajo.jpg2.jpg

Then this package calls other packages here:

3.jpg

The package companies is to which I am not able to tell the path of the config file, by dfecto has the local mia.

Thanks a lot

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
FarhanAhmed
Community Champion
Community Champion

You may create on global "XML" configuration file for all of your DTS/SSIS packages and map path variables in each SSIS Package and use that in datasources/destinations.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/integration-services/lesson-5-2-enabling-and-configuring-packag...

https://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/simple-steps-to-creating-ssis-package-configuration-file

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @FarhanAhmed ,

All packages have the same path with the same configuration file, the problem is that it will be put on different servers so the routes will change, so when the main packet calls the other packages has to pass the path with the configuration file.

The main package runs in a job and there you can pass the configuration file, as seen in the image.Trabajo.jpg2.jpg

Then this package calls other packages here:

3.jpg

The package companies is to which I am not able to tell the path of the config file, by dfecto has the local mia.

Thanks a lot

v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please create support ticket .

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.