Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Updating the source location of the .pbix file gives error

Hi Everyone,

So i have this report that was asked for me to be recreated in Power BI. i have the actual data and since they will be saving them to a onedrive folder, i temporarily saved those data to my team's onedrive folder. 

The report is now completed and i used SharePoint Folder as my source and point it to our OneDrive folder. Everything went well.

Now my problem is, i am about to transition the report to its owner. I informed the owner to create the folder she will be using in saving the source and give me access.

So she did it, i can see the folder, I uploaded two excel files there to test the report. But when i updated the source location of the report in Query Editor, it gives me error.

Before updating the location folder:

1.png

After updating the location folder:

2.png

What to do? I need to send the report (.pbix) by next week and will need to do the transition demo by Monday. 😞

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi again,

i changed the ApiVersion from 15 to 14 and it seems to be working, 

3.png

but i cannot search/filter the folder she created, also i see a data source error below.

4.png

The full error is 

5.png

Could this be an access issue? but i can open the folder in the browser.

Please let me know if anyone has already solved this problem.

Thank you!

Hi @Anonymous ,

Firstly, please check if you have installed the latest version of Power BI Desktop 2.67.5404.581.

In addition, could you find the folder she created in SharePoint?

If you still need help, in Power BI Desktop, please go to File -> Options and settings -> Options -> Diagnostics and click "enable tracing", then connect to SharePoint Online list and check the detailed logs in the traces folder. Also please help to post the detailed logs here. You can also use Fiddler to monitor the Http traffic between Power BI Desktop and SharePoint, and check what is going on in the background.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see it, But not sure if this is the one you're looking for..

DataMashup.Trace Warning: 24579 : {"Start":"2019-03-18T14:06:38.4204346Z","Action":"StreamMessenger/Read","Exception":"Exception:\r\nExceptionType: System.IO.EndOfStreamException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089\r\nMessage: Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.\r\nStackTrace:\n   at System.IO.__Error.EndOfFile()\r\n   at System.IO.BinaryReader.FillBuffer(Int32 numBytes)\r\n   at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadInt32()\r\n   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.MessageSerializer.Deserialize(BinaryReader reader)\r\n   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.StreamMessenger.Read()\r\n\r\n\r\n","ProductVersion":"2.67.5404.581 (19.03)","ActivityId":"00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000","Process":"Microsoft.Mashup.Container.NetFX45","Pid":9632,"Tid":1,"Duration":"00:00:00.0191619"}

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Cherry,

Per your question, yes my desktop is updated, and yes i was able to access the folder she created.

Tracing is enabled, but where do i find the traces folder? also, i am sourcing to a onedrive folder, not in sharepoint list.

Thanks,

Riri

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.