Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Updating the separator in published report

My separator is different in PowerBI desktop than the published reports, which is something I've changed recentely. The desktop version is correct, but wont update the online version in the same way. I even tried to completely delete the data and republish, but unfortunately this did not change anything. 

Is there something I can do to fix this?

Example:

KPI Visual in Desktop version:

KPI Visual when published and viewed online:

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@Anonymous - What about your browser settings?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

My main issue is the fact that I need a more general solution. I can fix it in Windows settings and browser settings for myself, but that would not resolve the issue for others reading these reports. I was hoping there was some sort of checkmark somewhere in the settings to always display as published, but that is probably not the case.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous - This seems like a regional language settings issue either in the Desktop or the browser, they are out-of-sync.

Latest book!:

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , clear cache, and try. Also, check any regional setting done at power bi service level.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've cleared the caches in Global --> Data Load and published the report, but still the same result unfortunately:

TKA_0-1597131966743.png

I've had an issue with the separators due to regional settings, but its finally fixed (windows separator vs BI separator issue, had to use ; instead of , for formula's). New published reports have the correct separators, so its just "stuck" on the older reports.

@Greg_Deckler Its the same for everyone that views my report, not just me.

EDIT: The issue is browser related. If I put the language in English it flat out ignores my published separators, using comma's instead of dots. Is there a way to ignore this one:

TKA_0-1597133239375.png

I'd prefer to keep it on English, but I have to set it to my regional language to get the right separator currently.

@Anonymous - What about your browser settings?

Latest book!:

Anonymous
Not applicable

My main issue is the fact that I need a more general solution. I can fix it in Windows settings and browser settings for myself, but that would not resolve the issue for others reading these reports. I was hoping there was some sort of checkmark somewhere in the settings to always display as published, but that is probably not the case.

@Anonymous - Unfortunately no, nothing like that to "force" things. You would have to deploy something like a GPO (group policy object) to update local settings for user computers. Since it is local system setting, that is not controlled by Power BI but you can force those settings onto local user computers using GPO.

Latest book!:

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.