Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dpksinghal

Updating card visual contents based on latest value of the parameter

I have some parameters in my report and I want to show the latest value of those parameters in the card visual.

Today I dont see the value getting updated in the card unless I do the 'refresh data' from the fields view. I am expecting the card value to change as soon as the report is refreshed with the latest parameter value. Tried with adding a measure as well but I am seeing the similar behavior.

Any pointers on this please?

3 REPLIES 3
adityavighne
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

What is your backend data - excel sheet /SQL, etc

If you have excel sheet then yes you need to update sheet and refresh data in power bi desktop and then publish it.

with SQL same manually you can refresh and publish or Use personal gateway/enterprise gateway.

let me know this resolve your problem.

Thank you for the response. My backend data is powered through Azure Data Explorer data connector in Power BI.

As far as I understand, this particular case is not related to the type of backend data/source. I have some parameters in a report and I would want the card visual to get the latest value of the parameter instead of the refresh.

Whichever database you have - go to Power BI services -select desired report dataset in settings and schedule refresh

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.