Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Updating a report that has had its name changed in an app

I created a desktop report (Income.pbix) which I then published to an app. In the app I renamed it from "Income" to "Income Report" and then shared. A few weeks later I changed some things in the original desktop report (Income.pbix) and republished it but it has uploaded as a new report "Income" rather than updating "Income Report" and no combination of renaming pbix, data or reports seems to let me overwrite it.

I'm keen not to have to reshare it - how do I tell the app that the two reports are related or am I doomed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Seward12533
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Usually as long as the file name is same as the data set name it should overrite the data set when you publish and all the reports/dashbaords will be the same.  Do you have two data sets and two reports after you publish your updated report?  You may need to delete teh duplicate dataset and report, rename the report back to Income and then publish again. 

If that still does not work, another solution would be to save the report as PBIX from the service, make the same changes there and publish again.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Seward12533
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Usually as long as the file name is same as the data set name it should overrite the data set when you publish and all the reports/dashbaords will be the same.  Do you have two data sets and two reports after you publish your updated report?  You may need to delete teh duplicate dataset and report, rename the report back to Income and then publish again. 

If that still does not work, another solution would be to save the report as PBIX from the service, make the same changes there and publish again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahh thank you. It turns out it was linking to a different data source (that I'd also renamed). As soon as I renamed the pbix to be the same as the data source and published it the correct report updated. Thank you again for the headsup!

Glad you got it sorted...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.