Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ToniHeinrichsIB
Frequent Visitor

Updating Power BI reports when updating report template

Hi everyone!

Right now I'm working with multiple clients, I have all the data in same structured excel sheets, so I have created a "original" report where I just have to change the data source and I get the report for a new client.

My question is, if I want to update the original report, is there any way to update the reports already created?

I have seen a similar question but hasn't been answered https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Updating-Power-BI-Templates-also-updates-reports/m-p/141829 .

I guess I could just create again the old ones with the new template, but I'm looking for a easier/faster strategy.

Thanks in advanced!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ToniHeinrichsIB ,

By my research, I'm afraid it can't be achieved directly. Maybe you can submit an idea to improve Power BI.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ToniHeinrichsIB ,

By my research, I'm afraid it can't be achieved directly. Maybe you can submit an idea to improve Power BI.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.