Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Updating Googlesheet Query

Hi Everyone,

I have only been using PBI for a few months now, but I have a few basic reports I use regularly now.  One of these reports is connected to a Googlesheet.  The report itself is accurate and up to date, but I've been trying to edit the query to develop the report further and I'm getting a couple weird errors when I try to refresh the query in the editor.  I could really use some thoughts on what may be the cause.  

One of the problems I encounter is when I update the query in the editor, seemingly random cell values, become new column headers.  These cells could be from anywhere in the data set and then my columns no longer match up.

The other problem I'm seeing is in the very first cell.  I've posted a before and after below.

query before.PNGquery after.PNG

The pictures above are the query before, where my first column header is "Data Record ID", but after the refresh, the first column header is replaced with [schedules":[{"date":"2019-09-18","weekday":"0,"trigger.....  this happens every time I refresh in query editor.

Once I try updating the query, I cannot close and apply changes, and have the report work.  But if I do not going into the query editor, I can update the report and it will fully update without error.   I do not remember this happening last year, but on my first day back in the new year, I noticed this problem.  Is this a potential conflict with Google sheets?

Any thoughts?

All the best,

RW

1 REPLY 1
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 

I cannot reproduce it with the latest version of Power BI Desktop. You may check code that Query Editor is creating with each step in The Advanced Editor.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.