Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vitexo87
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Updating DirectQuery Data

I have dashboard that was developed via directquery, the dashboard was conquered and it is in the air, it is used on a TV and has no person operating it, it must present the production information of a factory every 15 minutes as already configured On the power bi portal.

The client has been reporting that this dashboard is not being upgraded, and that it only refreshes when it opens at the start of the day, giving the impression that for information to update itself on the TV it is necessary that someone has to interact with the dashboard.

A dashboard that was fully developed via directquery should update the information on the screen automatically correct?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

4 REPLIES 4
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey,

DirectQuery means, the your data remains in the on-premises Data Source, and is not loaded (copied) into a Power BI Service dataset. The user "directly" interacts with the data of the data source.

For this reason, the dashboard will not refesh.

Just a Live Tile used on a Dashboard will refresh when the Live Data changes. But this happens as often as the data changes and not on scheduled basis.

Hope this helps 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

@TomMartens

That load schedule that exists for directquery that in my case was set to 15 minutes does not guarantee that the data will be updated on the screen without the interaction of any user?

Hey,

so the schedule for DirectQuery just refreshes the underlying cache of dashboards but does not "redraw" the dashboard tile.

Here you find some more information: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/announcing-custom-cache-refresh-schedules-in-the-power-bi-s...

Maybe using the api can solve your problem.

Until now just live datasets automatically redraw the dashboard tile.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

I am fix tis problem, in this  this link http://www.victorrocca.com/displaying-a-power-bi-dashboard-in-your-office/

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.