Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gator99
Helper I
Helper I

Updated Desktop to April release, crashing on all my pbix files

Does anyone know where I can find the installer for the March version of PowerBI, since I have updated to the April update (yesterday) using the app store on windows 10, all of my reports are crashing anc cannot open them?

This is the first time I have tried to use the app store version.

5 REPLIES 5
danextian
Super User
Super User

Hi @gator99,

Have you tried the update outside MS Store? My PBI was updated to April 2018 release this way.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu or follow my page on Facebook @DAXJutsuPBI.

The only method I see to update is via the app store, I saw the April email saying that all windows 10 machines would need to use the app store, so far I have uninstalled the app then reinstalled and all reports will NOT open and crashes.  I have also tried a system restore but that failed (my pc's issue though with the restore point) - kinda screwed at this point - would love to get my hands on the executable for March (64 bit)

Luckily a coworker kept the march executable (though it was in his recycle bin) and now I am back up and running, no updating for me for a while.

@gator99, @hawb

Just for future reference, this site keeps copies of Power BI installs for each major release, running back through 2016. I've used them before for emergency rollbacks.

I was experiencing the exact same issues as well as  some other odd behavior.  However, what seemed to fix it for me was simply restarting the computer.  Now I can use the April update without error.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.