Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

triz231
Frequent Visitor

Update to Latest Version of PowerBI

I currently have the Power BI Version:  2.40.4554.463 (January 2016).  I am attempting to update to the latest version which I think is 2.40.4554.361.  Every time I attempt to download and run the installer it says I have updated but it never seems to work.  Do I need to completley uninstall the current version?  Ideas?

7 REPLIES 7
a_mixed_life
Resolver I
Resolver I

You shouldn't have to do that unless the version you have is a 32-bit and the other is 64-bit. Best bet is that you can uninstall it and start from scratch but it should've just updated your instance.

Kris

Capture.JPG

I was informed from my ITdept that I have Microsoft 32bit, so I tried to download that.  I ran the update (it says successfully) and here is the version I am running: 

I completely uninstalled Power BI from my machine.  I downloaded the most recent update and it shows the version as 2.40.4554.463.  Can someone please advise if this is the most recent (October) update?

Hi @triz231,

The latest Power BI Desktop version is 2.40.4554.463 (October 2016), which is published on 11/3/2016. See: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=45331.

w2.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@Qiuyun_Yu  thank you for the reply.  Does this mean that even though my version number is the same as yours, the part where it says (January 2016 on mine, October 2016 on yours) is an older version? 

Troy

Hi @triz231,

As far as I know, there is no 2.40.4554.463 (January 2016) desktop version. You can see this article: Previous monthly updates to Power BI Desktop.

I'm sure the latest Power BI Desktop version is 2.40.4554.463 (October 2016). So would you please uninstall the existing desktop then reinstall the latest desktop version to see if update is successful?

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I downloaded just yesterday and this is the version mine is showing: Version: 2.40.4554.463 64-bit (October 2016)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.