Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AW1976NOVA
Post Patron
Post Patron

Update measure to work across tabs using drill through option

Hi,

I have a created measure that I'd like to update the DAX for so that it works in unison when I drill through to other visuals/tabs/etc.  Here is my existing measure:

Gaps in Care = FORMAT (

CALCULATE (
    COUNT ( 'Gaps In Care MEDNOVA'[Member ID] ) ), "#,##0" )

Problem:  As you can see, the field [Member ID] is in table 'Gaps in Care'.  This measure is working for its original use...but I'd like to update it so that when I'm looking at a visual graphic on one tab...that is populated with data from a different data table...and then use the Power BI capability to 'Drill Through' to a different tab...this measure will respond/update correctly.

In order to Drill Through, you need to have at least one common field associated with both data sources (in this case my measure and also the original table you're 'drilling away from').  

Here is my report'ss relationship map.  I believe it is built correctly so it is possible to update my created measure's (Gaps in Care) measure to work as I've laid out above.

Based on the below...if I had a visual that was populated with data from that 'ClaimData' data table...and I wanted to use the field 'MemberID'[MemberID] as the common field that linked the 'ClaimData' table to the 'Gaps in Care' table (allowing my Gaps in Care measure to update when I 'Drilled Through' to a different tab that had a card visual using my Gaps in Care measure...what is the new DAX for it?

Capture 1.PNG
1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AW1976NOVA,

I think you need to rebuild the relationship. According to your screenshot, it seems like you added too many relationships between tables and they may affect the formula calculations.

Understand star schema and the importance for Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.