Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

euniceylk

Update charts with multiple tables

Hi Guys,

I have 2 sets of data
Table 1: Prior Year with category and month
Table 2 : Current Year with category and month

I want to be able to compare the two, so I create another table:
Table 3:
Column 1: Category
Column 2: CY $ (Using Calculate sum, all selected formula)   to find the corresponding value on each category on table 1
Column 3: PY $ (Using Calculate sum, all selected formula)   to find the corresponding value on each category on table 2
Column 4: Delta between CY $ and PY $

I then create a relationship between Table 1, 2 and 3 using category (both sides)

How come when I create the dashboard, whenever I filter on the month (from table 1 and 2), the delta (Column 4 on table 3) doesn't update automatically together with the month filters? Is there any workaround for this?

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @euniceylk,

>>How come when I create the dashboard, whenever I filter on the month (from table 1 and 2), the delta (Column 4 on table 3) doesn't update automatically together with the month filters? Is there any workaround for this?

Current power bi not support to create dynamic calculate column/table based on slicer or filter. 

Reference link:

Calculated Column/Table Change Dynamically According to Slicer Selection in the Report.

For your scenario, you can try to write dynamic measure based on slicer to instead calculate table.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
jthomson
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

It's possibly something to do with how your tables are related and information not passing through properly, although I'm not sure why you wouldn't take the approach of just merging your tables 1 and 2?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.