cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Rigoleto Member

Update a Matrix column with a difference value

I need to update a matrix column with a variable value, as the screen shot showns, the column 1 has "Sales week 8", column 2 has "Sales week 9", notice that the last character has changes, Is there a way using ADX to change the column description, it will be the same column with the last charcter, in this sample is 9 but, it will be 10,11,12(This numbers represents month)

Column.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
danextian New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Update a Matrix column with a difference value

What I can think of is to use a measure that returns a value only if the value in a column is equal to the current month. By default, Power BI hides rows/columns with blank values.

PS: If you want to get better answers, please post an importable dummy data (not an image)  that represents the structure of your table. 

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
www.linkedin.com/in/danebelarminocpa

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
danextian New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Update a Matrix column with a difference value

What I can think of is to use a measure that returns a value only if the value in a column is equal to the current month. By default, Power BI hides rows/columns with blank values.

PS: If you want to get better answers, please post an importable dummy data (not an image)  that represents the structure of your table. 

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
www.linkedin.com/in/danebelarminocpa

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Badges

Incoming: New and Improved Badges

Exciting news: We've given our badges an overhaul and added brand news ones.

Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Users Online
Currently online: 286 members 3,155 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: