Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Ronnie7
Helper II
Helper II

Update Table fields based on selected chart's bar

Hello Experts,

I had a quick questions regarding a bar in a chart that is based on a measure.
I have clustered column chart with 3 bars, each bar represents a  measure, below the chart i have a table with some fields related to the meausre.

My question is whether it's possible to have the data in the table filtered  based on clicking a certain bar.

The measures/bars values in the bar are not included in the table.

For example, I have one bar with the name of "planned" this  is measure that grabs all projects that are scheduled to begin in the current month and are in specific "stage". The measure works fine.

Now i have a table just under this chart with some project names. Can the data in this table be filtered if i click the "Planned" projects bar without having this measure in the table? so then i would see only the "Planned" projects in the table?

I assume I would need either the a generic fielf in the chart or had the measure in the table, but definetively wanted to double-check and verify.

Thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

To my knowledge, that will not work as you would like. In my testing, I have created similar things and clicking on the bar in the measure will not affect the table. However, if you added the "stage" to the axis of your bar chart and then clicked on the measure, then it would affect it but the relationship would be based on the "stage", not necessarily the measure itself.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

andre
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Currently, in Power BI you cannot do any filtering based on Measures, filtering only occurs across Columns.  So if a Column is a part of your chart, then interacting with that chart will apply filters on other charts based on what Columns are used for either Axis or Legends

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
andre
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Currently, in Power BI you cannot do any filtering based on Measures, filtering only occurs across Columns.  So if a Column is a part of your chart, then interacting with that chart will apply filters on other charts based on what Columns are used for either Axis or Legends

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

To my knowledge, that will not work as you would like. In my testing, I have created similar things and clicking on the bar in the measure will not affect the table. However, if you added the "stage" to the axis of your bar chart and then clicked on the measure, then it would affect it but the relationship would be based on the "stage", not necessarily the measure itself.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.