Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Update Report month /Qtr/ Week filter automatically

Hi All,

I have a report with Month ,Quarter and Weekly tabs with Month, Qurter and Week filters respectively. My report data will change based on the selected filter. My requirement is to show the report based on current Month/Qtr/Week on the initial load of report.

Could somebody help me on how to achieve the same.

My users are already subscribed to the reprots. They want to see the reprot with current Month/Qtr/Week selection by default.

Month.png

Thanks & Regards,

Rajeev 

5 REPLIES 5
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous,

You could create a date Slicer and change the type of Slicer to Relative Slicer. You could choose This and Week, Month, Days but there is no Quarter, you will get the data of current date. You could have a reference of the picture below.

Capture1.PNG

In Addition, if you need have the Quarter option, you could post a new idea in here.

Hope it can help you!

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Sachy123
Helper V
Helper V

How does your Datamodel look like? Do you have a Separate Date Table?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sachy,

I'm using Azure analysis service cube and it is having Date dimension table which is joined to other dimension tables.

Thanks & Regards,

Rajeev

Can your client live with something like "Current Month" as a default? 

Yes, how can I create that? Also you mean that can I set up a specific current month date/week witch update every day based on today's date?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.