Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Update Image Automatically using URL

Hello,

Could you please answer the following: I would like to have dynamic pictures in my powerbi report so I connected it to a sharepoint folder that contains 1 image. The main problem is that, the user would like to change the picture every month - by removing the old one and replace it with the new picture so it will update automatically in the powerbi.

How can i do that since the URL is unique? Is it possible to do it without an intervention on the report ?

Thank youn in advance,

Rita

3 REPLIES 3
FrankAT
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi,

you can do it in the following way:

1. Create a small table which holds the URL (see figure).
  2. Use a image or table visual.
  3. Set the data category on tab ColumnTools to Image URL (see figure).
  4. Change the image but use the same file name and URL.

The image will change accordingly.

26-02-_2020_12-30-05.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @FrankAT ,

Thank you for you reply,

Actually, it's not possible to have a unique URL in Sharepoint, so i did the following:

I created a Sharepoint List that contains the Title and URL (URL type: single line of text), then I go back to power bi, click on Get Data>Sharepoint List >choose the list , then I change the type of the URL in the Modeling part as you said - and click on Image URL viz. Then, when the user  will change the photo, he'll put it in a Sharepoint document and we create a Flow that takes the link of the new one and puts it in the place of the old one - when an item is created.

finally, when he does refresh, he will have the new image without human intervention in powerbi.

thank you again for your support !!! Very Helpful !!!

Rita

Hello @Anonymous ,

Can you give me information about how you created this flow? I am trying to do  the same thing and i am stuck.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.