cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post Patron
Post Patron

Unsold Inventory Calculation

I need to get an idea on how to calculate inventory levels on a monthly basis.  I have a table with monthly sales to retailers and another one that shows actual customer sales.  The calculation would be finding the balance each month of the prior unsold to customers inventory plus the sold to retailers for that month.

4 REPLIES 4
Super User IV
Super User IV

Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490.

Really need to see example/sample data here.

---------------------------------------

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!

I have a NEW book! 
DAX Cookbook from Packt
Over 120 DAX Recipes!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Greg...I supplied data.  Can you take a look and see what you think?

Thx

I cleaned and manipulated the data into one table.   So for each 4 WE Period I need to calculate the Shipping Units minus the balance from the previous Period.  In this example the inventory Units for 4 W/E 01/27/18 is the Shipping Units (91,076) minus the Consumption Units (243.24) or 90,832.76.  The next period Inventory Units results for 4 WE 02/24/18 would be the results from the prior period (90,832.76) plus the shipping from Period 4 WE 02/24/18 (138,620.00) minus the Consumption for Period (4 W/E 02/24/18 (5,681.57) which would be 223,771.60.  This calc would repeat each month.  Thoughts on how to structure the Inventory Units calculation?

Shipping_Consumption Table.jpg

A follow up...I have added the date into the table to go along with the "Period" perhaps this helps any calculation(s).

Thoughts?

Shipping_Consumption Table_2.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power BI Super Users!

Wave Release 2

Check out the updates in Power BI.

Overview of Power BI 2020 release wave 2!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

secondImage

The largest Power BI virtual conference

100+ sessions, 100+ speakers, Product managers, MVPs, and experts. All about Power BI. Attend online or watch the recordings.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors