Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unsold Inventory Calculation

I need to get an idea on how to calculate inventory levels on a monthly basis.  I have a table with monthly sales to retailers and another one that shows actual customer sales.  The calculation would be finding the balance each month of the prior unsold to customers inventory plus the sold to retailers for that month.

4 REPLIES 4
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490.

Really need to see example/sample data here.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Greg...I supplied data.  Can you take a look and see what you think?

Thx

Anonymous
Not applicable

I cleaned and manipulated the data into one table.   So for each 4 WE Period I need to calculate the Shipping Units minus the balance from the previous Period.  In this example the inventory Units for 4 W/E 01/27/18 is the Shipping Units (91,076) minus the Consumption Units (243.24) or 90,832.76.  The next period Inventory Units results for 4 WE 02/24/18 would be the results from the prior period (90,832.76) plus the shipping from Period 4 WE 02/24/18 (138,620.00) minus the Consumption for Period (4 W/E 02/24/18 (5,681.57) which would be 223,771.60.  This calc would repeat each month.  Thoughts on how to structure the Inventory Units calculation?

Shipping_Consumption Table.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

A follow up...I have added the date into the table to go along with the "Period" perhaps this helps any calculation(s).

Thoughts?

Shipping_Consumption Table_2.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.