Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jcastr02
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Unpivot columns with question scores roll up

I have a query with team member names and the individual breakout of each question score from a module.  M1-P35 (module 1, question 35)   M2-P1 (Module 2, question 1)........I'd like to be able to have a filter for each module 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and a filter by team member and final chart should show the scores for each question within each module.  Which columns should I unpivot to achieve this, having difficulty with it knowing which module it belongs to.       Columns.png

2 REPLIES 2
v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @jcastr02 

Based on your description, i create data to reproduce your scenario.

You can click ‘Edit Query’, go to Query Editor, choose related columns,go to ‘Transform’ pane, execute ‘unpivot other columns’, rename the Attribute column. Don't forget to click the "Close & Apply" button.

h.png

Result:

qw.png

If I misunderstand the your thoughts, please show us your  expected output. I am glad to solve the problem for you.

Best Regards,

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you Allan for your help.  The filter would actually be the module number, so I'd like to be able to tie each of the attributes not sure if this would require me to another column after unpivoting?      So if i filter for module 2, then only M2-P1, M2-P2, etc. would show up in the visual.  @v-alq-msft 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.