Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unknown value in histogram

Hello Microsoft Power BI Community.

I am developing a histogram in my project, with data starting at 6000 frequency. However, my histogram returns an unknown number 1. Below, print the data. can you help me? Remembering that the X and Y axes are automatic, and I am working with 20 bins. In other bins, the number 1 is also displayed.

Histogram.PNG

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous 

Frequency in “Histogram” usually count the frequency of “Values” in the visual. For example, frequency of “1-5” is 4 which counts the Sales, not the sum of “Whatever”.  Reference here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histogram

In this case, you may use a Clustered Column Chart  with bins to categorize the “Value”.  (Click New Group to create bins.)

newgroup bins.JPG

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 

I couldn't reproduce that issue like your screen, can you maybe share sample pbix. However, sometimes custom visuals that from Appsource experience unknown issues. Try reopen the pbix see if it occurs everytime.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I shared the pbix file in my personal repository, follow the link below:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m3ZHjLG8eApvQRCI-Yiedox9ZYmuMEUF/view?usp=sharing

As shown below, when the values ​​of 5.22k to 6.96k are selected, 140.48 is returned and its total sum is 139.32. This inconsistency is also realized by the graph in other values...

Histogram_test.png

I would like you to help me to locate this error, or in something that may be correct to my data.

Thanks for the support!

@Anonymous 

Frequency in “Histogram” usually count the frequency of “Values” in the visual. For example, frequency of “1-5” is 4 which counts the Sales, not the sum of “Whatever”.  Reference here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histogram

In this case, you may use a Clustered Column Chart  with bins to categorize the “Value”.  (Click New Group to create bins.)

newgroup bins.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.