Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pbrekelmans

Unique values from two columns

Hello all,

I'm still fairly new to this piece of software, but greatly impressed by the possibilities it has given, especially because i have a lack of real knowlegde on this matter. This forum has helped me countless times, but not on this (easy?) problem i'm having lately.

Situation:

I have a couple of datasheets. All of them share one unique value: the number of an  "object". This object can be related to our workers (table 1), or to other activities (table 2). I would like to make a graph showing for each object who handled it (table 1) and what activities where taken (table 2).

Problem:

I want to make one column with unique values (object-numbers) from those two tables. I just cant figure it out. Any help would very much be appreciated.

With kind regard,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@pbrekelmans,

You may add a calculated table as follows.

Table =
DISTINCT (
    UNION (
        SELECTCOLUMNS ( Table1, "object number", Table1[consumed by (object number)] ),
        VALUES ( Table2[client with problem (object number)] )
    )
)
Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
erikajain02
Resolver I
Resolver I

I am not sure if I understood your problem completely , but you can try to create Index column accordingly.

If you can upload some sample data and the output required. This will help us in understanding the exact requirement.

I don't think the index column will help me now. But i can show you some purely fictional tables that represent the "problem" (see below). I cannot connect table 1 and 2 because they have more than 1 value for some lines. I think i need to make a new list with unique values (table/list 3) to tackle this.  

Table 1  
datedinnerconsumed by (object number)
1-1-2018Salisbury Steaks3223
1-3-2018Beef Stroganoff2551
1-4-2018Tacos3223
1-5-2018taco salad 1221
1-7-2018chicken fajaitas2551

Table 2  
dateclient with problem (object number)problem
21-feb4562headache
3-feb1221opstipation
5-aug2551blurry view
1-mrt2551frozen shoulder
1-jun3223weak knees

Table 3 (to be)  
Object number  

@pbrekelmans,

You may add a calculated table as follows.

Table =
DISTINCT (
    UNION (
        SELECTCOLUMNS ( Table1, "object number", Table1[consumed by (object number)] ),
        VALUES ( Table2[client with problem (object number)] )
    )
)
Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.