Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unique scenario of creating a fiters with condition

Hi, 

I have a unique problem and would appreciate help on this.

I have two tables set up in my Power Bi and they are connected;

Table Plan  
Plan name Channel Lives
ACommercial 100
BMedicare600
CCommercial 500
Commercial 400
EMedicare 100

Table  Drug   

mapping provided by the client -

Channel 
Drug 1Commercial 
Drug 2 MedicareCommercial

I want to have a filter for the report called "Coverage". It will have two options, one Covered Accounts and other all. 

Result - 

When the user lands to this report, he/ she selects Drug 1 from the filter  -" Drugs" and select covered accounts from "Coverage" filter.  The coverage filter should refer to the mapping provided by the client. So, the filter should only pick up commercial plans and sum lives the commercial lives to give the result of 1000. If the user picks drug 2 and chose Covered accounts - then it should provide the sum of 1700 lives (adding both commercial and Medicare channels) 

If the user chooses "All" option from Coverage filter - Then it should not reference the mapping provided by the client and provide the total sum of 1700 for both the drugs  

Can you please help! 

Thanks,

Pallavi

2 REPLIES 2
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous ,

I could not understanding the 'map':

Channel  
Drug 1 Commercial  
Drug 2  Medicare Commercial

Is it a table and it seemed not complete? And could you mean to create a new table as slicer to filter the data you want? 

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-danhe-msft ,

Sorry for not being clear. 

What i already have in the report-

Drugs filter 

Table Plan and Drug table are currently existing in my Power BI model. My client has provided me this new mapping table.  I wish to include this table in my data model and create a filter from this. To make it more easier to read, I have recreated the Map table 

Drug Name

ChannelCoverage 
Drug 1Commercialc
Drug 1Medicare 
Drug 2 Commercial 
Drug 2 Medicarec

How I want it to work -

1. I want to have a filter for Coverage  with two options c and all 

2. When user picks Drug 1 and click on "c" , it should pick only Commercial plans for this drug 

3. If user picks Drugs 2 in the drug filter, and clicks "c", it should only pick Medicare plans for this drug 

4. If user picks Drugs 2 in the drug filter, and clicks "all", it should only pick all plans for this drug 

Please let me know,if  it  helps ! 

Thank you so much,

Pallavi

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.