cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
osbrown Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Unique id table wont relate to non unique id table - how to still vlookup?

IR -Unique

·         ID

·         Name

·         Email

·         Source

·         Date_Created

IR Interest – non Unique

·         IR ID

·         Dept

·         Details

·         Program Level

·         Code

·         Date Created

·         Row Number

My problem is with the two tables I’ve given samples of above.

I am unable to draw an active connection to these because the IR table requires information from another table that is similarly related to a table that is required for the IR interest table. However, there is not a way for me to get the same information from this similarly related table as it’s only held in IR interest.

The IR Field has unique values created whenever a new person submits an IR. There can be multiple IR Interests per IR.

The IR Interest field is where all the Interest data is held, without any connection or ability to connect it to the original IR data. Including the Row number column which adds a count (1,2,3…) to each individual IR Interest in the table.

My challenge is to find the count of new IR’s created during the current month compared to last year. While being able to distinguish between two separate program levels undergrad and graduate.

I have tried creating custom column in the IR table to pull the data in. However, these tables are unable to have an active relationship due to another relationship that could introduce ambiguity. I am wondering if I will need to create a new table with the Unique ID column from the IR table and then add a column with the transposed row data from each entry in the IR Interest table.

However, I’m unfamiliar with creating new tables like this, and don’t know of other ways. Are there any suggestions to this problem?

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Unique id table wont relate to non unique id table - how to still vlookup?

Hey @osbrown,

According to your description, I think I already clear your tables structure.

Can you please share some sample data with expect result to help us clarify your requirement and do further test and coding formula?

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin Sheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

For learning resources/Release notes, please visit: | |

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Learn the answers to some of the questions asked during the Amanda Triple A event.

October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Users Online
Currently online: 182 members 1,847 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: