Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

osbrown
Frequent Visitor

Unique id table wont relate to non unique id table - how to still vlookup?

IR -Unique

·         ID

·         Name

·         Email

·         Source

·         Date_Created

IR Interest – non Unique

·         IR ID

·         Dept

·         Details

·         Program Level

·         Code

·         Date Created

·         Row Number

My problem is with the two tables I’ve given samples of above.

I am unable to draw an active connection to these because the IR table requires information from another table that is similarly related to a table that is required for the IR interest table. However, there is not a way for me to get the same information from this similarly related table as it’s only held in IR interest.

The IR Field has unique values created whenever a new person submits an IR. There can be multiple IR Interests per IR.

The IR Interest field is where all the Interest data is held, without any connection or ability to connect it to the original IR data. Including the Row number column which adds a count (1,2,3…) to each individual IR Interest in the table.

My challenge is to find the count of new IR’s created during the current month compared to last year. While being able to distinguish between two separate program levels undergrad and graduate.

I have tried creating custom column in the IR table to pull the data in. However, these tables are unable to have an active relationship due to another relationship that could introduce ambiguity. I am wondering if I will need to create a new table with the Unique ID column from the IR table and then add a column with the transposed row data from each entry in the IR Interest table.

However, I’m unfamiliar with creating new tables like this, and don’t know of other ways. Are there any suggestions to this problem?

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hey @osbrown,

According to your description, I think I already clear your tables structure.

Can you please share some sample data with expect result to help us clarify your requirement and do further test and coding formula?

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.