Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JanV
Resolver I
Resolver I

Union different group by views of same table

All,

For the Sankey custom visual one needs a single table with following format "Origin", "Destination", "Value".

I want to create visibility on the financial relevance of a company's hierarchy (Business Unit->Division -> Area -> Branch) by showing the flow between the different hierarchy components from Business Unit -> Branch. Currently the data is in transactional format genre "1/01/2017", "€400", "Europe", "Sales", "Paris". What I currently do is creating a group by statement of the value per combination and afterwards appending all these queries in order to have a single table for the hierarchy with the Origin, Destination, Value format.

let
Source = AccountingSankey1,
#"Appended Query" = Table.Combine({Source, AccountingSankey2, AccountingSankey3, AccountingSankey4})
in
#"Appended Query"

image.pngimage.png

However this gives me a lot of queries (visual complexity) which i wouldn't need if I was able to create a single query that could capture the full complexity of the problem.

Any help greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @JanV,

"Enable Load" means query results are available for report builder. Otherwise you may use it in your other queries (for example to merge data), but it is not shown in the report builder.

According to your description above, you can uncheck the "Enable Load" option(by right click the query) for the 'AccountingSankey1', 'AccountingSankey2', 'AccountingSankey3', 'AccountingSankey4' query, then these queries can still be used for Append Query, but they won't be shown in the report view.

enableload.PNG

Regards

Hi @v-ljerr-msft,

Thx for your input,valuable and a good step in the right direction!! 🙂 Would still be interested to know if the "clutter" in the query view could be further reduced as well by not having to define all these views in seperate statements by combining them in a single m query.

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.