Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rode
Advocate II
Advocate II

Unexpected filtering on other visual

Hi everyone,

I have a simple model:

- Table Fact1

- Table Fact2

- Table DimCategory

- Table DimProduct.

The model has the following relations:

- DimCategory -> Fact1

- DimCategory -> Fact2

- DimProduct -> Fact2.

The first visual (Bar Cart) has DimCategory.CategoryName on the axes and a count on a field of Fact1.

The second visual (Bar Chart) has DimProduct.ProductName on the axes ad a count on a field of Fact2.

The first visual has the filtering interaction to the second one.

So, now I can see "Category A" on first chart and three different products on the second chart (which belong to the same category "Category A").

But if I select the bar on the first chart, only one product is shown in the second visual (even if the other two belogn to the same category too). Why does this happen? How can I avoid this misunderstanging behaviour?

Thanks,
Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @v-chuncz-msft and thank you su much for your answer.

The product doesn't belong to many categories.

Nevertheless, I've find out what the problem is. The first visual had a filter on time dimension (which filters both fact tables), while the second visual doesn't have it. So, when I filter from the first chart, this time filter is propagated to second one and two products disappear.

Regards.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@rode,

You may check if a product belongs to multiple categories.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-chuncz-msft and thank you su much for your answer.

The product doesn't belong to many categories.

Nevertheless, I've find out what the problem is. The first visual had a filter on time dimension (which filters both fact tables), while the second visual doesn't have it. So, when I filter from the first chart, this time filter is propagated to second one and two products disappear.

Regards.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.